5 Tips to Quickly Recover from Ankle Surgery
Going through ankle surgery can be overwhelming, but recovery from the procedure can be a much more daunting task! A short recovery may seem like a lot of time if you don’t know how to care for your recovering ankle. Here are some tips to get you up and going at the soonest time possible.
- Keep off your ankle. Your doctor will most likely require you to stay non-weight bearing – and it is important for you to stay that way until you are told to do otherwise.
- Get rid of the clutter. Finally, this is about the right time to keep stuff away and make more room for you to move around. A messy home can be a hazard, especially to the individual with a healing ankle.
- Physical activities must be kept at a reasonable level. Don’t stress yourself too much. Healing requires a lot of energy, so instead of doing strenuous activities when you don’t really have to, get plenty of rest.
- Eat healthy. Even when you are not recovering from ankle surgery, this is a must. Don’t make your recovery as an excuse to pig out and satisfy all your cravings. That box of donuts will not actually help your ankle heal properly.
- Take good care of yourself. This is your best bet at healing quickly. Be conscious about what you are eating and how much sleep you are getting.
Choose the World’s Best Sports Medicine Surgeon!
Dr. Murrell will be able to help you with your qualms about ankle surgery and recovery. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Murrell today by calling +97143856009 for our Dubai office or at +1 877 994 3500 for our Maryland office. We look forward to hearing from you!