Having Symptoms of Shoulder Separation? You Might Need Surgery!
Because of our active lifestyle, we are always prone to accidents and injury. This usually occurs in contact sports, such as wrestling, football, or rugby. When a fall or a sharp blow occurs to your collarbone, forcing it to separate from your shoulder bone, shoulder separation happens. Most of the time, this condition requires shoulder separation repair surgery in order to treat it and alleviate its symptoms.
Check for the following signs and symptoms to know if you may be experiencing shoulder separation:
- Pain is felt at the top of the affected shoulder.
- The shoulder is swollen or bruises and cuts are present.
- In more serious cases, you may notice a pointing lump at the top of the affected shoulder, which might be the end of your displaced collarbone. Once the affected arm is pulled down, this end tends to move upward.
- Soreness and tenderness felt at the joint of the shoulder and collarbone
- Nerve damage could occur, causing numbness or weakness in the muscles at the affected shoulder or arm. If you are experiencing this symptom, it is best to seek immediate professional help.
Choose the World’s Best Sports Medicine Surgeon!
If you are experiencing the symptoms, it is best to seek treatment for your shoulder right away. Dr. William Murrell is a shoulder separation repair guru who can repair your shoulder and help you return to your normal life and even go back to high level of competition. Book an appointment with Dr. Murrell today by calling +97143856009 for our Dubai office or +1 877 994 3500 for our office in Maryland. We look forward to hearing from you!