CrossFit: Is it Injury Free?
CrossFit is a new fitness program developed for full body workout to prepare your body for the unknown. It is unavoidable to encounter some injuries to the shoulder or overuse injuries with this high-intensity type of a workout that combines strength and cardio exercises. Fortunately, Dr. William Murrell, Jr. is a board certified orthopedic surgeon in Dubai and Maryland who can effectively assist in your injuries sustained from sports that includes injuries sustained from CrossFit.
CrossFit is a high intensity sport and injuries are unavoidable if certain exercises are not properly executed. The courses offered by CrossFit groups teach the foundational moves and the proper execution of CrossFit as an essential part of their program to avoid injuries especially for beginners. But, this does not mean that participants of this type of fitness are injury free. Despite the coach’s thorough and accurate explanations of CrossFit exercises, beginners may still be vulnerable to injuries since some individuals are not getting the right moves or follow up with the right execution of the exercises.
We have gathered some useful information on how to avoid injuries with CrossFit:
- Take a rest – insufficient rest for recovery from the high intensity training of CrossFit can increase the risk of injury.
- Take time to progress to high intensity training with lower intensity exercises – to allow for recovery and adapt with the training.
- Warm up exercises – to prepare your muscles for the high intensity training.
- Sleep a lot – your body heals while you are asleep.
- Supervision of modified workouts – by certified coaches based on individual fitness of participants.
If you experience some hurting or injury, you better see an orthopedic doctor to determine if you really suffer an injury and the correct treatment will be provided to you.
Call us today for your sports injuries consultations in Dubai or Maryland at 97143856009 / 18779943500 or simply fill up the online Contact Form and we will keep in touch with you.